Wright To Dream Scholarship Guidelines
- Applicants applying for the Free Change Inc., Wright to Dream Scholarship program are required to submit a Write to Dream essay & action plan along with 40 hours of documented community service. The essay, action plan & community service hours are to be completed and submitted to Free Change Inc. upon completion of a High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
Once an applicant has met the requirement standards, the Free Change Inc. Board of Directors will decide the appropriate amount of funding to be distributed per semester, per quarter, per payment cycle of the institution that the applicant has chosen to attend. (Entrepreneurship is taken into consideration on a case by case basis.)
-Applicants must submit an official sealed copy of their transcript & attendance records showing your last 2 semesters. Applicants must submit this once a year no later than the last calendar day of August each year.
An applicant cannot lose their scholarship based on GPA or attendance. If an applicant grade point average falls below 1.7 GPA or Attendance isn’t up to standards a Probationary period will take effect in which a series of essays and community service hours determined by the Free Change Inc., Board of Directors will be required before the probationary period can end. Once the applicant has met all probationary requirements his or her probation will end and no further action is necessary. It is the applicant’s duty to attend class and pursue higher learning. If an applicant fails to comply with the Probationary period requirements he or she will be put on a Fund Freeze.
– If any applicant fails to meet the requirement standards, all applicants have 3 years from their 18th birthday to meet these standards. On their 21st birthday if standards still aren’t met. Scholarship funds will be disbursed/dissolved as followed: The 20-80 Rule- 20% to the applicant, the other 80% will be donated to someone of the applicants liking, who has or will fulfill the Free Change Inc., Wright to Dream Scholarship requirements.
Applicants have 3 years of time off to use Scholarship funds. (If an applicant attends school for a year and then takes a year off, but then goes back to school the following year. In this case the applicant has used 1 year of there off time they only have 2 years left. Once all 3 years of off time are used it will be determined by the Free Change Inc., Board of Directors to disbursed/dissolve funds using the 20-80 Rule or if a Probationary period will be considered.
If they do not continue their Higher Learning/Education or Entrepreneurship after high school there is an additional step. Applicants must complete 200 documented community service hours NO EARLIER than their 18th birthday before getting any settlement money from there scholarship fund.
- Essay, Action Plan & Documented Community Service Hours
- Proof of High School Diploma or GED Certification
- Applicants must be enrolled into at least one 3 credit course
- Yearly Progress Report (copy of official transcript & attendance record)
- Essay, Documented Community Service Hours
Applicants can continue Higher Learning/Education until Scholarship funds run out. If in any case that one of the above requirement is not met. The Free Change Inc., Board of Directors will determine how funds will be disbursed/dissolved or settled. This matter will be handled based on the guidelines and best interest of the scholarship program.
The essay, action plan & community service hours are to be completed and submitted to Free Change Inc. upon completion of a High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Applicant must have at least 40 hours of documented community service prior to the start date of his or her first semester of school.
Essays must be at least two-pages, double-spaced essay in 12 pt. Times New Roman font. Your final submission must be at least two pages, as dreamers we don’t want to limit you. You have the Wright to Dream for as long as you like! Write On!
Essay Prompt 1: What does community mean to you? How do you want to improve your community? What is your motivation behind your community involvement?
Essay Prompt 2: What do your dreams mean to you? How do you want to improve your dreams? What is your motivation behind your dreams?
Essay Final: How does your community impact your dreams? Or what role does your community play in your dreams? How will your dream impact the community?
Action plan: What changes do you want to make? How will you make these changes? What steps do you need to take? Who or what will you need to assist you in making these changes?
- Targets and agents of change (e.g., youth, parents, guardians, etc.)